Guides / Hotel
This hotel has been hand-picked by the StayBoutique team and verified as an authentic boutique hotel
Located in the heart of downtown Salem, Massachusetts yet in a private setting, The Merchant offers large, luxurious guest rooms that retain much of the original woodwork and exquisite detail while offering the best of today’s amenities—including heated bathroom floors, gas fireplaces, plush linens, USB charging outlets, and LED TVs with Apple TV.
Built by acclaimed 18th century architect Samuel McIntire, the property hosted president Washington in 1789 and lived many lives prior to becoming our chic, intimately-sized Salem MA lodging.
Features & Amenities
- Architecturally historic but experientially modern rooms with super-soft linens and privacy shades for leisurely mornings
- Exclusive discounts at area shops and restaurants, including Ledger, Salem Food Tours and Salem Spirits Trolley, Counter and more! Inquire at the front desk upon arrival.
- A daily breakfast of both sweet and savory curated small plates and homemade baked goods (served from 8-10am)
- Off-site parking at Riley Plaza, just a 3-minute walk from The Merchant at a rate of $5 per/night.
- Six (6) on-site parking spaces at a rate of $25 per/night ($35 per/night in October) which must be reserved in advance.
- Private baths with individually controlled heated floors
- Impeccably designed guest lounge with lots of hanging-out space
- Outdoor second-floor deck
- Hot coffee, fresh fruit water, snacks, and seltzer available all day in the lobby
- Happy hour mixer bar for BYOB cocktails
- A chance to sleep where George Washington slept!
- Bath amenities from Lather
- Tivoli Bluetooth radios in every room
- 40″ LED TVs
- Gas fireplaces in every room
- Free wireless Internet
- Waffle Kimono robes
- Room essentials, such as wine glasses, cork screws, irons, hairdryers, and more
- Complimentary daily housekeeping services
- Personalized concierge services
Boston Harbor Hotel to Expand Partnership with INTELITY’s Smart Room Offering
The iconic Boston Harbor Hotel plans to deploy the latest INTELITY platform and smart-room tablets for a modern digital guest…
The Vendue Challenges Long Standing Hotel Norm & Reinforces Commitment to Art
Avocet Hospitality reshapes guest experience with renovation of award-winning boutique hotel in Charleston, S.C. CHARLESTON, S.C. – Just as art…
Avocet Hospitality Adds The Admiral to its Boutique Hotel Portfolio
Upscale, historic hotel in Mobile, Alabama joins the company’s collection following June 27 closing CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Admiral Hotel…
The Read House Celebrates 150th Anniversary with Time Capsule
Guests invited to submit personal mementos to be enclosed on New Year’s Eve CHATTANOOGA, TENN. – The Read House, owned…
The Wall Street Hotel Selects World Cinema for In-Room Entertainment Advanced Services
BLLA partner member, World Cinema, teams up with BLLA hotel member, The Wall Street Hotel, to bring this historical independent…
Inspiration and ideas to help you create a space you love