Guides / Hotel
This hotel has been hand-picked by the StayBoutique team and verified as an authentic boutique hotel
Located in the heart of downtown Salem, Massachusetts yet in a private setting, The Merchant offers large, luxurious guest rooms that retain much of the original woodwork and exquisite detail while offering the best of today’s amenities—including heated bathroom floors, gas fireplaces, plush linens, USB charging outlets, and LED TVs with Apple TV.
Built by acclaimed 18th century architect Samuel McIntire, the property hosted president Washington in 1789 and lived many lives prior to becoming our chic, intimately-sized Salem MA lodging.
Features & Amenities
- Architecturally historic but experientially modern rooms with super-soft linens and privacy shades for leisurely mornings
- Exclusive discounts at area shops and restaurants, including Ledger, Salem Food Tours and Salem Spirits Trolley, Counter and more! Inquire at the front desk upon arrival.
- A daily breakfast of both sweet and savory curated small plates and homemade baked goods (served from 8-10am)
- Off-site parking at Riley Plaza, just a 3-minute walk from The Merchant at a rate of $5 per/night.
- Six (6) on-site parking spaces at a rate of $25 per/night ($35 per/night in October) which must be reserved in advance.
- Private baths with individually controlled heated floors
- Impeccably designed guest lounge with lots of hanging-out space
- Outdoor second-floor deck
- Hot coffee, fresh fruit water, snacks, and seltzer available all day in the lobby
- Happy hour mixer bar for BYOB cocktails
- A chance to sleep where George Washington slept!
- Bath amenities from Lather
- Tivoli Bluetooth radios in every room
- 40″ LED TVs
- Gas fireplaces in every room
- Free wireless Internet
- Waffle Kimono robes
- Room essentials, such as wine glasses, cork screws, irons, hairdryers, and more
- Complimentary daily housekeeping services
- Personalized concierge services
The Founders of BLLA Relaunch StayBoutique as Booking & Media Platform That Vets & Verifies Featured Hotels
Board Announced to Oversee First Authenticated Selection of Independently Owned Boutique Hotels, Alternative Lodging, and Small Businesses Targeting Discerning Travelers…