StayBoutique is lauching a new series called The Creators!
Our industry is brimming with visionaries, entrepreneurs, and leaders who champion innovation and are dedicated to the global movement of boutique hospitality. In admiration of the creators and believers of our community, we want to spotlight their stories and explore their trailblazing careers.
Meet our first creator, Carolyn Schneider, who is Partner & President of Casetta Group!
- Generation: Millennial
- Hometown: Los Angeles
- Day Job: Hotel brand development.
- Night Job: Gallery hopping and new restaurants.
- Headquarters: Los Angeles
- Instagram: @casetta_group
- Tell us what you create:
- Casetta Group seeks brand and management hospitality group specializing in elevating boutique properties and motels. Seeking buildings with a story, Casetta creates timeless, thoughtful lodging that highlights design and service.
- Tell us your mission:
- To create beautiful spaces that I am proud to patron and show off.
- Your most noteworthy achievement in hospitality:
- It was very exciting to complete renovations on Casa Cody, the oldest operating hotel in Palm Springs, while maintaining its historic charm.
- Tell us how your hotel impacts the world in a positive way:
- Casetta focuses on being as sustainable as possible. Some examples of this are that we’ve partnered with PlantPaper for our toilet paper products at all properties, Ocean Bottle for our Casetta reusable water bottles, and Plastic Bank is our partner for annual donations to offset our plastic footprint. We are currently working on our B Corp application.
- If you had one day to experience your hotel, what would you do?:
- A perfect day at Casa Cody in Palm Springs : Wake up and grab complimentary breakfast in the lobby : Coffee, a pain au chocolate and Greek yogurt with marmalade. Take a dip in one of the two pools on property and lounge with a book under one of the beautiful citrus trees. Pop off property for lunch at Tyler’s and stop by the Palm Springs Art Museum, just a couple of blocks from Casa. Grab a bottle of natural wine, olives, and a cheese board from our (coming soon!) market at the hotel and enjoy on your private patio. Rinse and repeat the next day.
- Tell us what your favorite part about being a boutique hotelier is:
- I love seeing the vision come together and come to life. It’s so gratifying to see guests enjoying the spaces, taking photos and making their own memories in the properties that we worked so hard on.
- Something that is coming up in the pipeline:
- Marina Riviera, Big Bear guestrooms opening soon.