Guides / Hotel
This hotel has been hand-picked by the StayBoutique team and verified as an authentic boutique hotel
Mission St at, 3rd Ave, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93921
Welcome to Tradewinds Carmel, a premier boutique hotel in Carmel, California. A village landmark since 1959, Tradewinds Carmel was originally designed by Richard and Patricia Catlin to offer a truly unique fusion of Asian and Californian influences. Continuing in the family tradition, the Catlins’ daughter, Susan, embarked on an extensive renovation of this historic property, redefining oceanside tranquility for the modern traveler. Today, this 28-room boutique hotel provides a refined sanctuary for each guest.
While at the hotel, guests can retreat to our meditation Zen garden with its towering temple of bamboo and lush tropical plants. They can relax and recharge with Pacific Ocean views, deluxe spa treatments, and exceptional amenities. Given the hotel’s prime location, excellent shopping, galleries, and fine dining options are all in close proximity. Guests may explore Carmel and its environs by hiking, biking, golfing, or simply taking in the scenic surroundings at nearby Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, or Pebble Beach.
Featured as one of Architectural Digest’s most glamorous hotels, voted one of the world’s top inns by Coastal Living, and verifies luxury by Forbes Travel Guide as a 2020 recommended hotel in the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur area, Tradewinds Carmel offers a serene, singular experience in the heart of one of California’s most sought-after destinations.
Features & Amenities
- Quiet location, just outside the busy part of downtown (located in downtown Carmel on a quiet residential street just steps to Carmel’s many world-class restaurants and galleries)
- Bright, airy, and peaceful Asian-inspired rooms
- Complimentary parking (a commodity in Carmel!)
- Pet friendly rooms available
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi and flat-screen TVs
- Accessible rooms and facilities for disabled guests
- Fine linens
- Luxurious goosedown feather beds
- Eclectic design and furnishings from Bali and China
- Jetted bathtubs and gas fireplaces in some rooms
- In-room coffee makers and safes
- EO organic bath products
- Kimono robes made in Bali for Tradewinds Carmel
The Founders of BLLA Relaunch StayBoutique as Booking & Media Platform That Vets & Verifies Featured Hotels
Board Announced to Oversee First Authenticated Selection of Independently Owned Boutique Hotels, Alternative Lodging, and Small Businesses Targeting Discerning Travelers…