Guides / Hotel
The Highlander Hotel
This hotel has been hand-picked by the StayBoutique team and verified as an authentic boutique hotel
Hip Urban Resort
2525 Highlander Place, Iowa City, Iowa 52245
The Highlander Hotel is a boutique urban resort, event center and entertainment venue. The resort is upscale in style and laidback in spirit. The hotel features a large indoor pool inside an atrium with giant garage doors that open onto the hotel’s courtyard and green space. Food and beverage options include a retro cocktail arcade inside the hotel’s historic 1967 supper club with live music on the weekends, a coffee/shake/snack bar poolside and a swank lobby bar with outdoor patio. The Highlander is a historic local landmark, independently and locally owned. The Highlander Hotel and her sister property, Hotel Grinnell, are the only woman owned hotels in Iowa.
85 Hip, chic rooms and suites feature luxury bedding, multi-purpose counter height workstation, plush towels, organic bath products each room with unique, interesting art, most with hardwood floors, tub and tile shower combination with brass fixtures and quartz vanity tops. Classic Rooms boast wall-to-wall windows, Courtyard Rooms have a walk-out personal patio with outdoor seating while Poolside Rooms walk out to the atrium pool deck and feature a room-specific gathering table to dine or play games poolside. The Penthouse is where star meets rockstar with a chef’s kitchen, luxury living space, and an over-the-top bathroom for two.
The Highlander calls Iowa City, Iowa home and sits at the intersection of Interstate 80 and Dodge Street (Hwy 1). Iowa City is a vibrant, diverse city and is home to the University of Iowa, which is one of the leading research universities in the country. The city also has a thriving shopping, dining, arts, and culture scene, with many museums, theaters, and galleries. Iowa City is also a popular destination for outdoor recreation, with lots of parks and trails located throughout the city, and shopping, including Downtown Iowa City’s legendary ped mall, Iowa River Landing, and Coralville Mall.
Features & Amenities
- Meetings, events, weddings and corporate retreats find more than 17,000 square feet of meeting space with a Grand Ballroom and several interesting spaces for smaller groups in addition to onsite catering and event services.
- Parking is easy, plentiful and free.
- We welcome buses and recreational vehicles of all sizes.
- The check in/concierge desk is staffed 24 hours.
- A business as well as a fitness center is available 24 hours.
- The Highlander’s lobby serves as a city bus stop with quick runs to Downtown Iowa City every hour on weekends and every half hour on weekdays.
- Other amenities include fast fiber WiFi, 24-hour complimentary coffee and soda bar, mailing service and an electrical vehicle charging station.
The Ultimate Cozy Boutique Hotel Getaways for Couples
Ett Hem – Stockholm, Sweden Whisk your loved one away to the heart of Stockholm, where “A Home” awaits you….
Top 5 Boutique Hotels to Experience the Best of Fall Foliage
Awol Stowe – New England, U.S.A. Location: Stowe, Vermont, U.S.AHighlight: Set against Vermont’s autumn tapestry, AWOL Stowe perfectly combines modern…